It is often difficult for property owners to deal with the risk of floods and the potential damage they may cause. If your home or business is damaged by flooding, you must act quickly to minimize the damage and restore the property’s safety.
Flood damage may be dangerous for your health, so it’s essential to keep that in mind. There may be many contaminants in floodwater, often referred to as “black water” or “category three water.” Due to this, professional cleanup is recommended. It is imperative to repair and restore flood damage as soon as possible so that the overall impact of the damage can be as small as possible.
Restoration of Flood Damage
A professional restoration company can begin work on flood damage restoration after floodwaters have started to recede from your property. For your property to be fully restored, you will follow several steps:
- Make sure you remove any standing water and take the time to evaluate the damage resulting from the Flood.
- If the Flood has damaged any household items, it is advisable to remove and dispose of them permanently.
- To avoid contaminating the building with environmental, chemical, or biological contaminants in the event of a flood, make sure the building is cleaned and decontaminated afterward.
- Ensure that the building has not been damaged structurally in a way that could pose a risk to either current or future occupants.
- We will thoroughly dry and dehumidify the property to ensure no residual water remains. If we don’t deal with this immediately, it will cause further damage, including mold growth.
It would be a good idea to contact an electrician, a plumber, and a gas specialist to check the condition of each of these services before resuming normal operations. There is a possibility that floods will result in severe disruptions to all utilities, so it would be a good idea to be safe first before using those utilities.
What can we do to help you save money?
- You can save 70% of the costs of construction repairs if you use this method.
- The use of time efficiently for construction repairs is essential to the success of the project.
- Assess and restore the contents of the home when they have been flooded.
- Protect the building materials and the contents by preventing secondary damage.
- Ensure that non-affected areas are protected from moisture damage.
- It is essential to reduce the likelihood of mold, mildew, and bacteria growth.
- Provide expedited emergency services to reduce additional living expenses.
Our team of Water Damage Lake Travis estimators, supervisors, and technicians is highly knowledgeable, experienced, and certified by the IICRC. When there is water damage, we evaluate it thoroughly and begin the restoration process as soon as possible.
Most importantly, we stand out from other companies in the industry. As a result of thermal imaging technology, we will measure the temperature and moisture behind walls, ensuring the structure will be arid upon our departure and preventing future mold spores from growing.
Rapid response and efficient service – Depending on the amount of damage, Water Damage Lake Travis may be able to get your house back to its original state within three days of receiving the call.
A lot of experience – Water Damage Lake Travis has been restoring homes for over 50 years and has restored millions of homes.
We handle your insurance claims – When you have water damage, dealing with the insurance companies can be stressful. It is our goal to assist you with your insurance claim as quickly as possible.